The CYTEC Candy Cane 5K Race & Fun Run/Walk was established to promote both outdoor physical activity and healthy lifestyles while also raising food and cash donations for the Project SHARE Niagara Falls Christmas Basket Program. Hosted by the Ontario Power Generation Winter Festival of Lights and its community partners, the CYTEC Candy Cane 5K Race & Fun Run/Walk has established itself as a great family event that is fun for people of all ages and all running skill levels.
This year the CYTEC Candy Cane 5K Race & Fun Run will be held just before the City of Niagara Falls Santa Claus Parade. The new route will provide participants with a brand new race experience! Not only will they be able to run a new course through downtown Niagara Falls but runners will also be cheered on by Parade attendees as they make the turn onto the final 1.3km of the Race loop which follows the Santa Claus Parade route.
Theme: It’s a Santa Claus Run! We encourage all participants to dress up in their festive gear as Santa Claus or Mrs. Claus. To help runners with their costumes we will provide each participant that pre-registers by October 25th with a red ‘Santa Claus’ t-shirt.
Charity: Non-perishable food and pledges/monetary donations will be collected leading up to the CYTEC Candy Cane 5K Race & Fun Run and on race day itself. All donations and pledges will go to Project SHARE Niagara Falls in support of its Christmas Program.
RACETIME: 5 km & 2.5 km Fun Run/Walk both start at 9:30am on Saturday, November 16, 2013.
NEW LOCATION!! – Downtown Niagara Falls, Ontario
FREE PARKING – Parking Downtown on race day is free. There are a number of parking lots that are a short walk to the race start/finish area, click here for parking map.
- Every 5K Racer and Fun Runner that preregisters by October 25th will receive an official CYTEC Candy Cane 5K & Fun Run/Walk T-shirt.
- Theme: Santa Run – dress up like Santa Claus, Mrs. Claus or Santa’s helper!
- Registration inside the Niagara Falls Small Business Enterprise Centre 4321 Queen Street (across from City Hall)
- $250 prize for fastest male/female in the 5K. Medals for 1st & 2nd place male/female in the 5K Race (Awards Ceremony 11:00 am- 11:15 am)
- Special lunch discounts available for runners/walkers following the Race at Druxy’s Deli
- Stay for the Niagara Falls Santa Claus Parade starting at 11:00am
We are very happy to accept pledges & donations for Project SHARE Niagara Falls!
Your donations & pledges are very important as they help to ensure Project SHARE is able to help families in need this Christmas season. Please give generously.
RACE FEES (HST NOT INCLUDED)
- Online registration will close on November 14th. No refunds.
- RunningRoom.com processing fee extra
- T-Shirt cut off date: registered by October 25th
- Chip time included for 5K racers only
REGULAR: Registration after October 25th (no t-shirt)
5 km Race – Adults: $39; Under 14 years old: $26
2.5 km Fun Run – Adults: $20; Under 14 years old: $10
For more information contact Brian at email@example.com, (905) 374-1616 ext. 244 or toll-free at 1-800-563-2557 ext. 244.